What performance increase. Windows doesn't swap because it likes to, but
because it needs to emulate ram.

With Windows updates usually the ram requirements go up with time.

I would prefer it swaps above it crashing myself.

From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:41 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: HIJACKED THREAD: Virtual Memory and Virtual Machines (WAS: RE: Why
XP is doomed)

So, you are talking about:

a)      Disabling the page file inside VMs (A), (B) and (C)

b)      Hoping that the OSes inside those machines never need more than 512MB
of RAM

?

I suppose it's possible. But do you want to risk it? I'm not sure you'd gain
very much. Most people put the VMs on a SAN (for performance as well as HA
reasons), so raw IOps shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers

Ken