From: Joseph L. Casale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:23 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Modify NTFS Perms

My last IT guy who just left last night made a mess of perms of a file
server. I need to add without disturbing any existing perms a user for the
backup to get access. I tried icacls on this win2k3r2 file server and I must
be doing something wrong.

Lets say I have a volume with ~750gig of data all with different acls. I
wanted to add a user, Domain\BackupUser to all files, and set folders to
propagate this added acl into anything new a users creates in the folders.

Anyone got any pointes on this? I am about to pass out with stress being the
only guy today with a busted SQL and Backup server J

Thanks!
jlc