a) PoE does, indeed, mix with gigabit. This link has the details:
http://www.bb-elec.com/tech_articles/Power_Over_Ethernet.asp

b) Personally I would avoid Netgear, DLink, Linksys, etc like the
plague. They're cheap for a reason.

c) Second the Cisco or HP recommendation

--

Phil Brutsche
[EMAIL PROTECTED]