The problem isn't logmein it's the function that logmein provides. Its been
my argument about gotomypc for the past few years as well. If someone has
your password they instantly have access to your computer in the office.

While we deploy a 3rd party remote access that's only allowed from our
office IP range, it also provides a proxy that ties into AD so if I let a
consultant go as soon as I disable their account they instantly lose remote
access capability.

its nice, its secure and for the 20 dollars/seat we are happy

Btw, its radmin :)