On 5/20/08 3:48 PM, "Jim Dandy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've read that defragmenting a partition with shadowcopy enabled causes
> the shadowcopies to be deleted.

That... Seems incredibly stupid...  I'm guessing there were some very good
performance related reasons why that was chosen as the cutoff, but I don't
think I've ever setup a server partition with a greater than 8KB cluster
size (all DAS experience so far.)

> I've also read stuff about the Vista defragmenter being shadowcopy aware
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942092
>
> Does anyone know if the Server 2008 defragmenter is shadowcopy aware?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Curt
>
> ~ Upgrade to Next Generation Antispam/Antivirus with Ninja!    ~
> ~ <http://www.sunbelt-software.com/SunbeltMessagingNinja.cfm>  ~

---
Salvador Manzo  [ 620 W. 35th St - Los Angeles, CA 90089  e. [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Auxiliary Services IT, Datacenter
University of Southern California
818-612-5112