Try Batteries Plus, I have always had good luck with them.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:34 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Batteries for UPS

OK, we have a number of APC Back-UP 500 ES and 550 ES UPS units.  Their
battery, if one peels away the otherwise useless lable, says 12v 7.2 Ah.

It's a wee bit under 6" long, 3.75: high, and 2.5" wide.  Both spade
terminals are at one end...

Although the 550 ES is currently being sold, APC's web site, depending
on
its mood, says either no replacement battery is available or to use
RBC-110.  (Of coarse, they then claim RBC-110 does not exist!)

CDW, who just sold us some more 550 ES units this week, claims there is
no
replacement battery.

One more thing - a couple of years ago we bought some non-APC batteries,

17v, 8 Ah, and many in that shippment were dead on arrival.

Before I become [more] profane, where does one get a battery to replace
in
those things????????

THanks!
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org