I've noticed that Acronis has a MS SQL backup product which I've not used
yet.

I've got a number of servers using vanilla Acronis True Image for their
backups, these servers also have MS SQL instances on them.

With Acronis being image based, do you trust it for your backups as far as a
safe SQL backup?

I believe VSS Writers are involved when it starts a backup, so I'm thinking
transactions should be flushed to disk. Not 100% sure.

Also considering a command file to stop the sql service(s) and then restart
on backup completion but not sure if that is really necessary.

I know this doesn't address growing log files, just wondering what others out
their are doing if they just have the Acronis True Image as their backup
utility in regards to MS SQL databases.

Comments?

Thanks,

Anthony