From: Steve Kelsay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 7:27 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: General question - Logging onto a user's computer

I just got reamed for preventing a crash. It irked me, so let me know
what you think, or what your policy is.

Management simply said "It is not acceptable to log into someone else's
computer without their consent."  Period.

If you see a situation where a crash is about to  occur, do you just
watch because you are trying to identify who is actually using that
workstation at that moment and try to contact them, or do you remote in,
displaying a "Netmgr x has remotely connected to your pc" alert box, and
resolve the issue before they crash and lose a day's work?