From: Jim Majorowicz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 3:49 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Active Directory Rules

I have a customer with two servers.  We had to remove WSUS from the
network because who ever set it up before borked the whole mess to the
point that:

1)      They were fired, and

2)      The customer doesn't want WSUS.

Now somewhere along the way of either the setup or the removal, the
servers got his with a Group Policy that forces them to *RUN* the
updates at 3 AM just like the default PC rules.  Obviously this is bad.
I ran the computers through Group Policy Results, and checked the GP
they have in common.  I did not that the Update Services Polices are in
fact gone, but I'm thinking they're somehow still being enforced.

How do I go about telling these servers to stop?  I tried restarting one
of them, but that didn't help.  Am I missing something in the registry
maybe?

Regards,

Jim Majorowicz, MCP

Sr. Network Engineer

Whitsell Computer Services

(503) 297-8440x12

www.whitsell.com

We can support you no matter where you are.  Ask me for details.

<<image001.png>>