To: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:39 PM
Subject: RE: RDP in console mode -- often it is not so

If the console session was first logged on at the PHYSICAL console before
you connected to it with RDP, then the environment will reflect:

SESSIONNAME=Console

If the console session was logged out and you connect to it with RDP, then
you get this or similar:

SESSIONNAME=RDP-Tcp#5

The remedy? Establish autologon so the console is logged on as soon as the system boots, and be careful never to logout from the console session - only disconnect. This presumes the same username can be used and password known
to anyone who would take remote control of the console.

Carl