How's that for a subject line, eh?

But, it's true, though you'll have to meet some strict criteria.

Namely, I need help with configuring an HP 3400cl and a set of Cisco 2950T-48s.

Here's the sitrep:

I'm trying to ditch an old Cisco 2948G-L3, and move to a 3400cl.

I have a 2950T-24 that seems to work just fine with the HP - I can put
the VLANs on it, and ping from one VLAN to another, and it seems to be
fine.

BUT - when I switch all of my servers (which each have a port of their
own on the 3400cl, and are not connected to any other switch) and the
6x2950T-48s to the 3400cl, it falls apart, in a weird way. BTW -
Internet access is through an HP 2524 that is also moving between the
Cisco and HP, but it doesn't have any VLANs on it. It works just fine
too.

Once they've moved from the Cisco to the HP, the servers are just
fine, and can talk with each other, and get out to the Internet via
the HP 2524 - that's how I'm able to talk with you currently - but the
2950T-48s can't talk. Their link lights aren't even lit. Nothing.
Nada. I power cycled both the 2950Ts and the 3400cl, with no luck.

I've examined the configs on the 2950T-24, which works, and one of the
2950T-48s, which doesn't work, and I can't see any differences, aside
from port count. Both are set up with trunks set up on gigabit port 1,
same configuration down the line.

This is the third time I've tried this, and I've engaged two different
consulting firms to help out, and I'm going to stay here until it's
either finished, or I can't stay awake any more, and have to switch it
back.

Any thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Kurt