Do they want their site 'cold' or 'warm'?

I used to have all my production machines physical, but in DR
firedrills, I would bring them up live in VMs in the DR site.

-----Original Message-----
From: Active Elk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 10:24 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: VMWare in DR site

Hi,

Our client wants to have a DR site.

In the primary site, all servers are in physical box. There is no
virtualization in place. In the DR site, they wanted all the DR servers
to be in a virtual environment. May I know for guys have implemented
this, do you mind sharing your experience and what to look out for?

So far what I can think of is using software like CA XOSoft or Double
Take to do a host to host replication to the DR site. Is there a better
way to do it?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Wei Yu