Your lockdown will be MUCH easier making them domain members and using
GP for the lockdown. If you need to change one feature of the lockdown,
it will have been worth it to use GPs, especially if you can't change
something on the desktop because of the lockdown. LOL.
The domain auth traffic won't be excessive. If everything else is RDP,
you should be fine. If you're running OL on the desktops you'll add to
your traffic, both data and auth, but if everything is RDP, it should be
a breeze. I've done similar with over 50 workstations using fractional
T1s with no problems...

Charlie Kaiser
W2K3 MCSA/MCSE/Security

I shouldn't even