I've done it in VMWare free server many times with no problem and am
actually installing a WS03 template server on Hyper-v at this moment.
I'll let you know how it works later today.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hornbuckle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:38 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Copying VHD Files

As I've mentioned before, I'm a noob when it comes to server
virtualization. Forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I need to create a couple of virtual servers in Hyper-V with the same
OS. Can I create a VHD, install the OS to it and patch it up, then just
make copies of that VHD to use in multiple virtual servers? Obviously in
each virtual server I'd rename the machine. Are there any problems with
doing this? Like the kinds of things you'd see with cloning hard drives
with Windows client OS's (e.g., duplicate SIDs)?

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department
Taylor County School District
318 North Clark Street