From: N Parr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 9:09 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Moving a PowerVault

If you are moving the controller card along with it then you don't have
any worries, it contains all the drive configuration.  If you're just
moving the array then I don't really know.  Someone else could probably
answer if a similar controller would detect the drive array.  I assume
it's a Perc card of some sort.  I would probably rebuild and restore
anyway.  I'm getting ready to do this myself but I'm going to move the
Perc card with the array. If the Powervault is only half full of drives
you could split the backplane on the array and put new drives in and
connect them to your new server and then just move your files over to
the other server and then decommission or reuse the old drives.