I got rid of my Ciscos for Aerohive.   Been pretty happy with them.

Mind you I use the a/b/g but I would consider them for N...

From: Mark Boersma [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 9:23 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: AP Recommendation

Hello all.  I am looking for opinions on 802.11N ap's.

I am currently running 6 Linksys WAP4400N ap's and am quite disgruntled with
them.  If more than a few clients are associated with them then they tend to
disconnect and power cycle themselves.  The Linksys folks can't even speak
English much less solve the issue.

I am looking at either the 3Com 9550 or the Cisco 1250 series.

I would probably run 4 of them and I don't necessarily need them to be
managed, I can run them as standalone.  At most there may be 15-20 clients
associated with each AP, usually probably 5-10.

Any input is appreciated in terms of:

-should I just bite the bullet and buy the $800 cisco's

-have I missed any that are worth looking at

Thanks,

Mark

Two rules to success in life:

1. Never tell people everything you know.

Mark Boersma

IT Manager

Triangle Associates, Inc.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  _____

for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential
message.