From: David Lum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:14 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Server room temp

I have someone telling me as long as their server room is below 95
degrees then they're OK. They point to Dell's server specs which say
their operating temperature is listed as 50 - 95deg F.

A recent thread here talked about shutting down server rooms when the
room becomes hot - does anyone have solid documentation I can point them
to that recommends against a 90+ deg server room?

Dave Lum  - Systems Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - (971)-222-1025
"..remember that, in the past, those who foolishly sought power by
riding the back of the tiger ended up inside"  - JFK