I have a 2G with the FW 2.0 installed and hooked up on exchange, I've
played quite a lot with it. Battery is poor is you have all the features
turned on. I've been able to do remote wipes and created an XML file
that setup's Exchange and VPN and enforces a PIN on the device.

From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 10:02 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: iPhone 3G, Exchange, and you

It appears to have the basic security options that WM6 has, but doesn't
have the ability to have centrally enforced policies (aka WM6.1 + System
Center Mobile Device Manager).  If you trust your users to keep the
device properly secured, then I suppose it's OK.

Battery life, apparently, isn't that great when you have ActiveSync on
24x7. Two of my colleagues have returned their iPhones for that reason.
I don't know if that's a general issue, or they just had unrealistic
expectations.

Cheers

Ken