Make sure you run gpupdate /force on the clients or it will take who knows how
long before they get their policy updated to point to the SCE box.

From: Jon Harris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 1:04 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: SCE list anywhere

Yeah I killed the GPO's that regulate that this morning.  The servers seemed to
respond to it but not the clients.  I really did not want to have this SCE
server handing out updates to clients as they are patched correctly now.  I
also just turned on File Sharing on one client and rebooted 2x and I can still
only get health monitoring data.  I am still also getting the Not Yet Contacted
under Computers.  Things are better but it is a bit frustrating setting up the
demo to prove it will do the job.  I wished there was just one place that would
tell you, in the correct order what to do to get it running.  I have seen
something like 5 differnet places bits and pieces of information.  I got a lot
further with the jewal Candee gave me.  Most of the Warnings disappeared when I
turned on File Sharing.

Jon
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Tim Vander Kooi <[EMAIL