Thanks to Angus and Carl for their suggestions.

I had wondered if any program existed which would list all the files that are
accessed or loaded (dll's, drivers, exe's and etc.) during bootup.

During the DOS days I wrote a TSR that would change the attribute of a file to
"archive (a)" if a file was accessed or run.  All the files on the computer had
to have their archive attribute cleared beforehand.  And then by going through
the HD with a program like XTree, it would reveal which files were used.