If you are looking for a product that communicates between Directories,
Novell's NSure Identity Manager is one option.  Netware and eDirectory
are not required.

Or were you looking to get rid of Novell and the SNA gateway.  Will the
As/400 be going away too?

>>> "Webster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/21/2008 1:21 PM >>>

I can barley spell SNA so bear with me please.

Have a customer whose major client is a major European auto maker.  Our
customer talks to their client via a Novel 5.0 box running IBM SNA
Gateway.  Our customer is wanting to get rid of the Novel box and the
SNA Gateway and had thought about replacing it with Microsoft Host
Integration Server 2006.  But when I started looking into this, I
realized I was way out of my league.  I don’t know anything about the
devices, connectors, cables or protocols involved.  I may not even be
providing you enough information to get started.  If so, just let me
know what other info you need.

It has been 10 years since I last saw a Novel server and no one on our
customer’s IT staff knows anything about Novel or the IBM SNA Gateway.
I believe this is used to connect to an IBM RS6000 box.

Any suggestions on what our customer can do to replace the Novel 5 and
IBM SNA Gateway components with?

Thanks

Webster

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
copies of the original message.