Anyone use ADAM?

The end goal is to set up an ADAM instance in the DMZ - doing a
unidirectional sync from our AD using ADAMsync so we don't have to let
our e-mail validation appliance poke through the firewall to read e-mail
addresses from AD.

Right now I'm just trying to get ADAMsync to work from a DC to my ADAM
instance on a workgroup based server (no firewalls).  I'm running Server
2003 R2 SP2 on both machines and I've set up the ADAM instance and used
ADschemaAnalyzer to get the schema on ADAM to match our production AD.
Here are the results from my ADAMsync run:

C:\WINDOWS\ADAM>adamsync /fs localhost:50000 "dc=synctargetdc"
Ldap error occured. ldap_bind_s: Invalid Credentials.
Extended Info: 8009030C: LdapErr: DSID-0C09043E, comment:
AcceptSecurityContext error, data 0, vece.

I then tried putting in the /creds option like so (putting in my real
credentials):

C:\WINDOWS\ADAM>adamsync /fs localhost:50000 "dc=synctargetdc" /creds
domain user password

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Brian Webb - MCSE
TDS Corporate IS, Windows Server Platform Team
Senior Systems Administrator

"When stuck on a problem as often can be, try to remember G.B.T.T.D. (Go
Back To The Definition)". - Dave Seybold