Aah good day to bring up Kaspersky. They've pushed an updated module to
us over night and it's causing the Kaspersky process to crash on a lot
of our workstations whenever they now try to update. We had a similar
situation about 7 months ago where an application patch went out with a
problem that caused quite a bit of chaos on machines that picked up the
update.

Other then that (!) its not been too bad for us. Running on about 600
machines, we've got most of the components turned off (we're not running
Antihacker, Antispam , Antivirus for mail), so what's left is reasonably
small in footprint. I think Kaspersky have one of the most frequent
definition updates in the business?  We have had a few false positives
come through in the last year.

New version coming out in December, along with a new Admin Kit, which
I'm hoping is a good improvement over what we have at the moment. It
doesn't handle Master/Slave configurations so well, with a fairly messy
directory structure resulting from it.  Has improved in the last year or
so, but still not as clean as it should be. I got the impression that
they first built the antivirus part, then started selling to
enterprises, then had to come up with the management kit as an after
thought wedged on the end.

Having said that, pushing out to new clients is reasonably easy, just
drop in to the right folder and it'll go away and do it, and invoke the
right policy.

We'll be evaluating Vipre when we get closer to our subscription renewal
time though.