From: Simon Butler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 2:35 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: MS CA's and iPhones

You can do the same thing with Windows Mobile devices using cabinet files. The
cabinet file can contain everything but their username and password, including
any self generated certificate. Granted it isn't well known, but I have had it
documented for a while.
Settings: http://www.amset.info/exchange/mobile-deploy.asp
SSL Certificate: http://www.amset.info/pocketpc/certificates3.asp

With Exchange 2007 and Windows Mobile 6.1, if you are using a commercial SSL
certificate then the users don't even need anything on their devices, just
their email address and password.

The iPhone has just woken lots of people up to what is required, and because
Apple have a "solution" people think that is the only way.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: www.amset.co.uk
w: www.amset.info

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/<http://certificatesforexchange.com/> for
certificates from just $23.99.
Need a domain for your certificate?
http://DomainsForExchange.net/<http://domainsforexchange.net/>