On 28 Aug 2008 at 22:18, Sam Cayze  wrote:

> >>Carbonite runs using an ActiveX control
> Really? Yuk!

> Um, it's dirt cheap.  I just bought an extra 5GB of storage for the 6
> laptops.  That = $5 annually.

For $5 annually?  Per-computer pricing is $4/month ($48/year) PLUS storage at
50 cents per gigabyte per month.

------- Included Stuff Follows -------
  Current MozyPro pricing for business accounts:

    Desktop Licenses: $3.95 + $0.50/GB per month
    Server Licenses: $6.95 + $0.50/GB per month

--------- Included Stuff Ends ---------
More here:  http://mozy.com/pro/pricing

> hours)
> NO.  I have used the restore many times.  It's instantaneous!!!!

Your experiences are not matched by those I found on the 'net:
  http://www.google.com/search?q=mozy+restore

    It turns out Mozy isn't so hot after all
    "I´ve now spent four days trying to coax my backed up files out of
    Mozy´s broken servers, and I´m fed up. Mozy´s great at making backups
    painless, but it´s totally broken when it comes to restoring, and
    that makes it pretty goddamn useless."
    http://wonko.com/post/it_turns_out_mozy_isnt_so_hot_after_all

    Why You Should Avoid Mozy Backups at Fast Wonder Blog: Consulting, Online
    Communities, and Social Media
    "I have learned my lesson about using beta software for backups, and
    I will most likely still switch to a more reliable service (E3 from
    Amazon most likely); however, I really appreciate the responsiveness
    that Mozy displayed."
    http://fastwonderblog.com/2007/09/18/why-you-should-avoid-mozy-backups/

--
Angus Scott-Fleming