From: David Lum [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:44:08 -0700
To: ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
Subject: AD maintenance?

How do you guys with larger org's handle keeping AD tidy and not having a
bunch on non-existent system, user and group accounts? I work for a
mid-size org and am almost certainly the only Systems Engineer here who is
willing to take the time to try and maintain AD. If I do an AD query of
systems with "description has a value" I come up with 191 objects. A search
of computers with "description has a no value" comes up with 811, and since
NWEA has ~250 employees and 140-ish servers I'm pretty sure there is a  ton
of clutter in there. Ferreting out the invalid desktops/laptops is the
bigger issue of the two.

Suggestions?
David Lum
SYSTEMS ENGINEER // NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
[EMAIL PROTECTED] // 971.222.1025