Standards kind of went out the door when they embedded their in-house
developed javascript into Chrome.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hornbuckle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 3:55 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Google Chrome plays outside of Vista Security Zones

We just use a GPO block all executables outside of C:\Program Files except
for specific apps. So anything that a user drops on their desktop, My
Documents, etc. can't be run.

We only do this for our students currently, though. We don't block
executables for employees.

Obviously, Google didn't invent dropping apps in non-standard folders. But
that's moot; it's still the wrong thing to do because (A.) standards are
standards for a reason and (B.) the main purpose of doing it appears to be
to get around enterprise security policies.