On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 7:57 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> KenM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 09/05/2008 09:32:53 PM:
>
>> Also why are you taking ownership, If these folders were created
>> using the users home drive path in ADUC then the local admins should
>> have access and your can just run the script as a users who is in
>> the local admins group.
>
> Well, no. The only accounts with access (usually) are the user. Local admins
> removed from security at upper level (i.e., E:\Users), and no inheritence
> for sub-folders specified. Otherwise, anyone who is a local admin (such as a
> Domain Admin) could access any files, and that's a No-No. :-)

Nice script!

However, it's futile to try to deny access to local/domain admins -
they can get at it anyway, and it just makes administering that much
harder. I set up home drives with local administrators full control,
the individual user with change control, and let it go. Life is much
simpler that way.

Kurt