Wow, I've never been so overwhelmed with trying to understand how to
activate a product.

I want to start using a single Windows 2008 Standard Server so I can begin
learning it.  However, it seems like I cannot activate the product via KMS
(which I don't even have setup anywhere) because you need (5) Windows 2008
Server licenses in use to even begin using KMS.  So, without using KMS, how
should I activate this product?

The product key I have is from one of my license agreements and is listed
as "Windows 2008 Std/Ent - KMS".

I've read numerous things from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/licensing.aspx but still
don't quite understand exactly what I need to do.  This seems a bit more
bloated than it should be...   Should I phone in the activation or use some
other method?

Thanks
JR

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web