Hi,

I've got a problem for one user on one TS box in our little farm here.
Each morning for the last few morning she logs on and gets told that
she's being logged on with a blank profile as her cannot be found.
Looking at it, her profile is there, as normal. However, any attempts to
rename or move or delete her profile folder were met with a box saying
it's in use, even though she isn't logged on.

We checked the TS Manager, and she's not logged on. We checked the Task
Manager and no processes are running in her name at all. Then we fired
up process explorer and searched for handles to her profile folders.
There are four that show up.

System  - 4 - Handle - c:\documents and settings\username\ntuser.dat

System  - 4 - Handle - c:\documents and settings\username

System  - 4 - Handle - c:\documents and settings\username\ntuser.dat.log

Lsass.exe - 4 - Handle - domainname\username:5dadd7

Now, this is odd. There aren't any files in use for other users who
aren't logged on to the server, and she is the only person reporting
this issue. Before I close these handles in an attempt to get her
logging on to this server again, is there a way to find out what is
causing these files to be open ?

Windows 2003 Server if that helps.

Thanks

Olly