From: Jonathan Link [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 19 September 2008 6:37 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: MS SQL Server Failover/Replication scenarios

We have a client that handles lots of data.  I can't be more descriptive of
that because of the environment we're in.  I need a good primer on MS SQL
Server failover and replication.  Right now, their vendor is using log shipping
to replicate data between their main site and their DR site.
My understanding of log shipping and the client makes me suspect that there is
a large potential for data loss.  There is a lot of information I don't know
and what I really need is a good place to start reading so I don't end up
asking stupid questions of the client and their vendor.  For example, I don't
know what the interval is.  I know that the client didn't want automated
failover (not sure why, yet),

Any tips you could provide me to get started besides the typical google search,
which I am undertaking while composing this email would be extremely helpful.