From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 8:13 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: E Book reader.

Saw one this past weekend in a Barnes&Noble bookstore (USA).  Although
it's a wee bit on the slow side, the print is quite easy for my injured
eyes to read (and it has brightness/contrast controls as well as pretty
fine magnification settings).  It is as small as it appears and is quite
thin (about as thick as my Blackberry).

This seems to load either by cable or via memory sticks and is $300 US.

For about a year, Amazon has been pushing one that is $350.  I've never
actually seen one of those.  It claims to have wireless built-in, so one
may download new material "on the fly".

I found the Sony to be quite tempting, but the $300 price tag made
resistance rather easy.
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org