From: Micheal Espinola Jr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:56 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT: External RAID HDD Enclosure Recomendations

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Sam Cayze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> You guys using any?

I recently bought a eSATA/USB2 two-drive enclosure hot-swap RAID-1
enclosure.  Its just strictly RAID.  No interface at all.  Just dip
switches. Its a small unit and has a nifty handle on the top for
carrying.  The enclosure itself was ~$160, and I picked up a couple of
500gb drives for it from Amazon for ~$75 each.

I've been using the rig for about a month now and am quite happy with
it.

Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB Caviar Sata 7200 Rpm 16MB Cache SATA
Drive:

   <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RT5AE0?&tag=espinola-20>

eSATA & USB RAID Enclosure - DS3RPRO:

   <http://www.usb-ware.com/esata-usb-raid-2-drive-ds3rpro.htm>