Yeah, it's Backup Exec 12. I'm not backing up the VM file-I've got a BE Remote
Agent installed on the VM, and am connecting to that to backup.

From: Bob Fronk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:33 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Troubleshooting Server 2008 Reboots

Are you using Backupexec to copy that VM?

I have a Windows 2003 server with MSVS hosting a BES server (has some Exchange
parts), and it the entire host server blue screens every time I try to backup
with Backup Exec.  It has something to do with VSS, but I have not been able to
figure it out.  The BSOD says something about "VOLSNAP" (not at the office so I
don't have the exact error I wrote down).

Symantec has a few KBs on backing up Exchange VMs, and if I recall correctly,
it says you have to shut the VM down before backing up the VM.

Bob Fronk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]