So we have these GPOs that enable Offline Folders, and we administratively
set the location of where that points to. We also redirect "Desktop" and
"My Documents". The location is supposed to be the same for the Offline
Folders, as it is for the "My Documents".

Note "supposed to be". :-)

So The GPO is redirecting "My Documents" to NEWSERVER, but the Offline
Folders setting is still OLDSERVER. What happens if I go and changed
OLDSERVER to NEWSERVER?

When the people currently on log off, and they go to synchronize, will it
go to OLDSERVER (which is the setting it had when they logged in this
morning)? Or will it go to NEWSERVER (since the machine will check in with
AD every .. 15 minutes? 2 hours? Whatever the setting is ...)

I guess what I am asking is, will the new setting take effect when the
user logs off? Or will it take effect the *next* time they log in and out,
the way a lot of GPOs do? (GPOs cache the settings at first login, then
take effect at next login, right?)

Thanks, and sorry for the oddly worded question

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM