Does anybody have any idea why sometimes some of my ESX servers show as not
responding in VirtualCenter, and the guests running on it show as
disconnected? The guests themselves are still up and running fine, but they
won't respond to VirtualCenter commands (all the options are greyed out).
The only way to get around this seems to be shut down all the guests on the
affected server, and then restart the ESX server - not really an option when
my Exchange, Excalibur and SQL servers are running on this particular ESX
box. If ESX was Windows, I guess I'd be looking for a failed service or
something, but being a bit of a Unix/ESX amateur I'm not sure where to start
troubleshooting....

TIA,

JRR