They may be using header translation at their webserver to direct http
requests to your site on their server, not an uncommon practice in the
hosting world.

  _____

From: David Mazzaccaro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 10:03 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Switched web hosting companies - what to do with DNS?

For example, this is what my DNS record looks like now with my current web
hosting company:
 <file://www.DOMAIN.com> www.DOMAIN.com. 86400   IN      A
123.123.123.123

My new hosting company wants me to use this:
 <file://www.DOMAIN.com> www.DOMAIN.com. 86400   IN      A
client123456.myregisteredsite.com

I assumed when I switched hosting companies that I would just get a new IP
address, not a virtual address.
They are telling me that they don't give out static addresses for web sites
anymore.
Is this the norm?

Thx