Why are you doing it that way. Just giving yourself problems.

Replace one of the SATA's with a new one and let it rebuild the array, then
replace the original, then use Acronis disk director or similar to extend the
drive. Simple. Works every time.

From: Jim Majorowicz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 12:28 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: New Drives for Proliant ML310 G2

I've got a customer that is using SBS 2003 Premium (Fully Patched) on a
Proliant ML310 G2 with 80 GB SATA drives that is running out of space.  The
server is using non-hot plug drives with the onboard SATA controller in a
RAID-1.  This controller can only support 2 drives in this configuration, so I
went to replace these drives with a pair of 250 GB drives and ran into a
problem.

I used Directory Services Restore Mode, and followed all the procedures in the
Microsoft SBS Restore procedure.  I even remembered to review the Report for
short file name problems.  However the damn thing still managed to blue screen
on restart:

PROCESS1_INITALIZATION_FAILED
Stop 0x6B (0xC000007A, 0xB, 0x0, 0x0)

I figured it was something to do with that damn RAID controller, so I tried
repairing the OS (Boot from CD, Install (not Recovery), Repair Existing) and
made it worse.

I seem to recall that this stupid controller would cause problems like this.
What do I need to do to get around this problem?

Regards,
Jim Majorowicz, MCP
Sr. Network Engineer
Whitsell Computer Services
(503) 297-8440x12
www.whitsell.com
We can support you no matter where you are.  Ask me for details.