>It also allows you to schedule your jobs (which Task Scheduler built into
>windows allows you to do with ntbackup) and manage media sets (which RSM, also
>built into windows, allows you to do with ntbackup).

Well, I just dumped BE for RSM/NTBackup on a windows file server with an
autoloader and it works but like the sig of an old member here:
Its like watching Yugo's race, you can do it by why would you:)
There are few deficiencies... BE certainly had more flexibility with managing
media sets/hardware etc and it was certainly more robust then RSM.

>>The more I learn about NTbackup, the more I realize that BE is a just a GUI
>>wrapper for it...

Veritas wrote NTBackup for MS, I read this somewhere years ago on MS lit so I
assume it was true.