Drupal has a higher initial learning curve then Joomla but once done
it tends to be more flexible.  If you just want a blog, use WordPress
as Drupal is significantly not really a single user blog.  On the
using front, all Warner Brothers and Sony Musics artists sites are
have been built on Drupal for the last year now as various other
diverse types of sites *.

* reference
http://www.drupalsites.net/
http://buytaert.net/tag/drupal-sites

Drupal's biggest weakness is in file handling.  There are various add
on modules that are available but if you need flexible advanced file
handling then don't go with Drupal.

As to the security side, Drupal has taken security seriously for a few
years now and has a dedicated team, an announce list and disclosure
policy.

If you want built in default wiki style behavior for people to write
and build collaborative documents online, then Drupal can work for
you.  Ping me off list if you want.  Oh, I run Drupal on windows
myself.  With the new IIS7 url rewrite, as soon as I can, I intend to
write up the install/config guide for the iis.net site on how to
leverage that.

Steven Peck
Drupal Project Documentation Lead  :)

http://www.blkmtn.org