From: Kurt Buff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 5:08 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Out of Cycle Critical Windows Patch ?

Taking this in a slightly different direction...

I told the IT Director and COO yesterday that I was patching all
servers, and sending an email to all of the laptop users to do the
same.

They were a bit skeptical, but not only did the emails that I
forwarded them from various lists buttress my opinion, this morning I
got forwarded a voicemail by the IT Director, from a rep at MSFT. Gist
of the message - MSFT is taking this extremely seriously, and you
should patch now.

Director's comments was "nice job, good of you to jump on this."

Anyone else get a call like this from MSFT? It's the first time I've
heard of them doing this, and I take it as a really good sign - MSFT
is finally getting the real clue about this stuff.

Kurt