The major point to me *is* the UAC, so thats not a viable option for
me. But I will tell you a couple things that seriously bother me about
Vista:

If I run an app from USB-based device (S3, portable drive, etc), I
have to run it as administrator AND I still may not be able to write
data back to that same device (it depends on the app if this happens
or not -  why?  what circumstance?  I dunno still).

Also, for example, something changed on my computer in the past two
weeks where I can no longer run Steam (a game application platform)
without running it as Administrator.  If I dont, my chosen game won't
load.  Installed with proper admin privs, this all worked worked
before.  Now it breaks.  I know its Vista security-related, but there
is an unbelievable lack of detail or indication as to why in the error
messages.

At least I have a basic understanding as to what the problem is, but
there are loads of people in forums that are completely and utterly
frustrated because they do not. The answer for Vista application
issues is almost always "run it as administrator".  Even though as in
this case, it shouldn't be necessary after proper installation, and
isn't necessary on say... XP.

Windows 7 had better take these things into better consideration, or
Microsoft will continue to lose the non-tech masses that don't need
anything beyond basic computing and web.  Because Vista is not worth
dealing with for that. I appreciate what they are doing and striving
for, but good lord how did this get released like this? Did no one
expect usability issues with common people?

And honestly:  I can run XP minimally in ~220mb RAM.  Why the holy
#$%! does Vista take ~1.4gb ?!

Rant mode off.
--
ME2