Michael,

You are well in the *MINORITY* with these reasons.  Microsoft implemented
these features specifically at the request of feedback from their partners
and customers.  In fact pretty much everything Microsoft has released since
and including XP was a direct result of the direct feedback.

I seem to recall a bunch of people around here 5 years ago complaining about
XP for one reason or another.  Hell, at the time, most of my customers were
either on NT4 SP4 or Windows 98se.  There were very few implementations of
Windows 2000 at all anywhere in my (then new) customer base when I started
working for Whitsell.  My management at that time had no interest in XP in
part because of the additional memory requirements, but mostly because their
exposure at that time was strictly with XP Home.

How many people here remember the complaints about the fact there were two
versions of XP in 2002/2003 around here?

At the time, my management was looking for ways to move their customer base
away from Microsoft products entirely, and when you consider what Linux
desktop OSes were like at that time, that was going to be a very, very hard
sell to the general user.  I talked my manager into purchasing the
ActionPack.  I knew XP PRO was a reasonable replacement for Windows 2000.
XP SP1 changed all of that for a lot of people.

Did that mean we upgraded everyone at once?  Of course not, but including XP
PRO SP1 with new hardware designed for it was very cost effective.  We only
upgraded about 10% of the systems at the time, and only because they had
been purchased within the last year if there was a reason for the upgrade.

The only thing that can really be said about Vista BUISNESS that is really
any different, is that there *might* be a driver problem if you tried to
upgrade less than 1 year old hardware.  But that doesn't mean we just DO it.
There has to be a good business reason, just like when XP was new.

I could go on for hours, but it boils down to this:  There is absolutely no
*HARDWARE* reason not to deploy Vista with new hardware.  Software
compatibilities are a different issue, but how is that Microsoft's problem?
Software developers were and continue to be very slow to adopt to the
standards required by Vista.  But that isn't new either.