From: Ralph Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 11:23 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: So... how is the recession affecting your buying decisions?

I would think lowing taxes to increase government revenue would only
work if the money is funneled back into the US economy in a productive
way.  So if the money from tax cuts is distributed to big corporations
who use it to invest in offshore projects, and the benefits of that
investment stay mostly in that country, that doesn't really help us.

If you cut taxes on the very upper tier of the income brackets, and they
just put that money away to increase their personal capital or sock it
away in other countries so as to avoid paying taxes on the income it
generates, that doesn't help us either.

Now if you cut taxes for lower and middle class Americans, and small
businesses, they will spend that extra money.  Then it is productive and
increases demand, which produces jobs, and increases government revenue.

Anyway that's how I see it.  Trickle down economics doesn't work.  If
you believe the people who say it does, take a careful look at which end
of the income spectrum they are on - maybe they have a reason for
wanting you to believe it.

Confidentiality Notice:

This communication, including any attachments, may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it
is addressed. Any review, dissemination, or copying of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
sender by reply email, delete and destroy all copies of the original
message.