See if your Marketing, PR and Compliance officers have a problem with
something like this:

Dear <member>,  Thank you for contacting <Credit Union> with this
matter.  As you probably know, any unusual activity associated with a
financial institution website could be a serious matter and should be
reported promptly.  We at <credit Union> are committed to keeping your
personal and financial information secure.

We have analyzed your issue and have come up with the following
conclusions which we at <credit Union> believe you should consider
carefully as your private financial information may be at risk.

1)  After numerous checks from various locations both inside and outside
the Credit Union, we have determined that no system within the Credit
Union is redirecting your web browser to <redirected URL>.

2)  The most likely causes for your inappropriate redirect fall into two
categories:

a)  Your browser cache is corrupted and needs to be cleared.  Please
follow the instructions at <trusted link to directions> to clear your
cache.

b)  The computer you are using is infected with some sort of malware.
If clearing your browser cache in the step above did not solve your
problem, please consult with a trusted IT expert to determine the best
way to identify and remove the infection.

3)  If your computer is indeed infected with malware, it may be possible
for a hacker to have collected your login information for our site as
well as others.  We Strongly urge you to contact all the financial
institutions which you may have visited from your computer since the
infection began and change the passwords to your accounts.  We recommend
that this be done as soon as possible via phone or in person or from a
PC known to be secure.

If you have any questions at all, please contact our help desk at <help
desk number> and we will be happy to help you evaluate your options.

Bill