There is a schema update that needs to be applied, but there is no new
functional level.

...Tim

From: Phil Hershey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 7:24 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Upgrade DCs from 2003 to 200 R2

Yep, my three key sticks sometimes.  :)  I gather there's a different
functional level with R2, since I've just brought up a new R2 server on a new
network segment, and when I tried to DCPROMO it, it reported our forest/domain
were not at the proper level.  Yet when I go to any of the Win2k3 DCs, they
report they're already at the highest level.   Bummer.  There goes another
weekend.

- Philip

addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.