From: Chyka, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 November 2008 13:30
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: IT Departmental Meetings

Hi Everyone,

Right now we have the most boring meetings for our IT Dept.  We have
weekly meetings with 15 members of our staff in them from the CIO to
lower level techs and everyone in between.  We fill out an agenda with
what we are working on etc.  The meeting lasts forever and the DBAs
don't want to hear what the Network guys are doing and the techs don't
want to hear what the systems guys are doing etc. etc.  just awful
meetings and nothing gets accomplished.  We were told since we don't
like the meetings and they are highly ineffective to come up with a
better way to hold them.  I was thinking about every 2 weeks have the
CIO meet with the management in each division together so we still know
what is going on with the "team".  Every week is way too often and
doesn't give enough time to report on completed projects etc.

I was wondering how dept. meetings are held at your places of employment
for the IT dept.

Thanks..BC

This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution
of this message or its contents may be subject to legal restriction or
sanction. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by electronic mail and delete the original message and any
attachments without retaining any copies.