If I recall correctly, you have to disable mass  storage on the device
after enabling encryption.  Then use the Desktop Manager to transfer
files after unlocking the device.

- John Barsodi

From: Kevin Lundy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:55 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Another Blackberry Question

Yes, but you can use mass storage mode to put files on the card
unencrypted.  You can also put the card in a reader directly in a
computer and put files on there unencrypted.  It seems to be a limit of
the file based encryption rather than drive encryption.

At least that is what my current reading from BB is telling me.   I may
be wrong as we are just cutting our teeth with BB.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 3:47 PM, David Mazzaccaro