We have 6-8 nics in our boxes (either dual or quad port cards) this allows us
redundancy on all virtual switches. In most cases

From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 8:16 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Virtual Nic's

We use VLAN tagging on our NIC's in ESX3.5i which is nice when you want to push
multiple VLAN's over 1 NIC or 2 NIC's total and not have to buy a ton of NIC's
per Virtual Server.

Edward E. Ziots
Network Engineer
Lifespan Organization
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Phone: 401-639-3505
MCSE, MCP+I, ME, CCA, Security +, Network +