Citrix Xen handles printers nicely...

Joe Heaton

Employment Training Panel

From: Simon Butler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 9:36 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Thin clients

If you want to get to grips with the technology, then I would suggest
picking up a used Thin Client from eBay. Get an HP or something like
that and reflash its firmware as soon as you get it. Then build a TS in
a virtual machine and try it out.

The best resource used to be thethin.net but they sold out to TechGenix
and you can find it here: http://www.msterminalservices.org/

The most common pain point with thin clients is printers. It has got
better with Windows 2008, but is still an issue.

To be honest, the clients are the least of your worries, the main area
of concern is with the server/s.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: www.amset.co.uk
w: www.amset.info

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile
5.0?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/ for certificates from just $23.99.
Need a domain for your certificate? http://DomainsForExchange.net/